Dual-Tech resolves issues that exist with many traditional sheet metal systems with insulation – such as weight, space, installation time, and energy performance.
Dual-Tech is ideal for jobs where a non-fibrous solution is desired. The air stream in the sealed duct flows only on aluminum, making it ideally suited for high specification applications.
The patent-pending system combined with the fully sealed duct seams produce a system that is virtually airtight.
Dual-Tech yields significant savings in reduced heating and cooling loads due to the superior insulating properties of the phenolic panel and minimal air leakage of the jointing system.
Dual-Tech offers significant installed cost savings over other insulated sheet metal systems.
- Fabricated using Kingspan KoolDuct® UL 181 Listed Class 1 ducting system.
- Max design pressure of Positive 4”in.w.g. / Negative 3”in.w.g.
- Extremely durable; superior strength (double-layer construction).
- R-14 and R-16 thermal rating.
- Temperature range -4°F to +176°F.
- .032 embossed aluminum standard finish (other finishes available).
- Maintenance-free exterior.
- Water-tight triple sealed joints.
- Shop fabricated for less field install time (installation speed 2x that of sheet metal systems).
- Single trade install process results in lower installation cost.
- Year round installation.
- Lightweight at less than 2 lb. per square foot.
- Meets ASTM-E-84 Smoke and Flame for use in the US and Canada.
- Antimicrobial silicone does not promote mold and mildew.
- All certified contractors attend a specialized training program to ensure that uniform quality standards are maintained.
- All ductwork fabrication materials are supplied by PTM, ensuring the highest quality and consistency in your ductwork project.
- Whole life cost savings up to 30% over 30 years.
- Reduction in CO2 emissions (1.79 lb./sq.ft. of building floor area).
- Mean Air Velocity (max) 5000fpm.
- 10 year limited warranty.